I got up this morning and found out I’m 30 (no, today isn’t my birthday. I just happened to have such a horrifying feeling welling up in my heart today. My birthday month has well passed). Believe me, a landmark like this is damned scary. It can put doubt, fear, sense of urgency, and a little bit of every kind of emotion in your heart. How could it be 30 years?! How could time fly so fast?
Then, like lightning, visual imagery of the past flashed in my mind. A BIG question started to pop up — What have I done in the past 30 years? It seemed I’ve done nothing. Nothing? How could it be? There must be something. Then, remembering that I’ve read some 100-things-about-me post some time ago, I decided to write one myself. But mine will be 50 things only. There are two important reasons for why one should write something like this:
A mirror: know a little bit more about yourself
Throughout my entire life, I’ve known too little about myself. What do I love? What do I hate? Why do I have so little to tell about myself whenever I was asked to introduce myself? I don’t want to live like this any more.
A memory capsule: know how much/little you’ve changed
While looking forward is always good, looking back can let us understand ourselves in a different way. More often than not, I am too engrossed in the “present and current” and forget how far I’ve fared. It’s time for me to set the record straight.
If you are not interested in this post, scroll down to the bottom, check number 100, and feel free to skip the rest
- I am a 30-year-old living in Hong Kong, China.
- I happily live with my family in a small rented apartment.
- I don’t like children and fluffy animals.
- I love reading and writing. One of my favorite writers is Amy Tan.
- When time allows, I love cooking my own meal.
- I have imperfect skin, but I mean to improve it over time. I’m ready to put in my patience, consistency, and adventurousness to achieve my beauty goal.
- My worst beauty mistake has put me on this natural skincare journey. I swear never to repeat such a mistake.
- My goal to start this blog is to write everything I know, and don’t know, about skincare and anti-aging.
- My favorite homemade skincare ingredients are coconut oil and manuka honey.
- If I could only have a beauty wish, I hope I could undo my eye wrinkles.
- Up to now, my effort in skincare has been quite successful.
- Among all skin problems, eye wrinkles are the hardest to fight.
- I don’t smile a lot. People says I look cool.
- I love Jazz, the dance, not the music.
- I learned German a couple of years ago, but have no time to recap on it.
- At the time of writing, I have two major goals: one about career and the other about family.
- I first traveled by myself to Germany in 2007. And I mean to visit there again.
- I love reading books than seeing movies. Most of my friends are the opposite.
- From what I’ve done this year, I think I can transform myself from a chronic procrastinator to a self-motivator by the end of 2011.
- I finally understand the real purpose of photo-taking. It lets us remember the important moments, so we won’t forget them later on. I regret not taking more of them in the past.
- I am working hard to improve myself, so I can become a better person.
- Though my mom is fussing over me all the time, I still love her.
- I love pink and green. Blue is fine, but black is a no-no.
- I know little about make-up, but want to learn more about it.
- I’m not a shopaholic.
- I don’t know how to play a musical instrument or paint or take a photo.
- I guess I’m the only one who doesn’t like singing karaoke in my social circle. Can’t understand my friends love it so much.
- I want to buy my own house someday. What a faraway dream… Sigh…
- I’m not a fan of the Japanese culture, but I love eating sushi.
- I love wearing dresses than trousers. Knee-height skirts and one-pieces are my faves.
- I’ve never worn any mini-skirt in my lifetime. What a pity.
- I hate Mongkok (a popular shopping spot in Hong Kong). I feel like I am just carried away by people around me.
- I have black hair and perm it once or twice every year.
- Ninety-five percent of me is a positive thinker.
- I only drink socially. The maximum amount I ever down in a row is three bottles of beer, but that was four years ago.
- I don’t smoke, and never will.
- I love taking photos.
- I love freedom.
- I want to try more new things in my life.
- I don’t like to use artificial lashes as part of my make-up.
- I no longer look girly, but I’m still a kid at heart.
- I’m slim, but I want to become plumper with the help of some natural methods.
- It’s hard to control my emotion. So my strategy is don’t let anger, fear, or whatever it is sneak in.
- I’m not creative.
- I’m an introvert.
- When asked to reply “What type of animal would you be if you weren’t a human being?” (for those of you who don’t know, this question is a personality test) my answer is “Panda,” because pandas don’t have to work. They are plump and look so cute.
- I’m a perfectionist. I’m working hard to remove this trait and work more efficiently.
- Sometimes, I just have to say “No” to people’s requests.
- I’m curious about where I will be and what I will be doing five or 10 years later.
- Hopefully, one year later down the road, this blog is still here